Shaders mods are an easy way to enhance the appearance of Minecraft. However, some shaders mods go above and beyond what’s expected of them. The GLSL Shaders mod, for example, allows for endless possibilities when it comes to graphical enhancements.
The GLSL Shaders mod for Minecraft it’s an extraordinary and unique mod that will improve your gaming experience this mod makes everything look better. Using the GLSL Shaders mod, players have instant access to a number of different types of shaders, including cartoon shaders, dynamic shadows, specular mapping, and other noticeable improvements. Shaders can easily be downloaded and installed with the help of this mod, although GLSL Shaders also includes a number of different shaders by default.
Basically, GLSL Shaders allows players to easily enable or disable a number of different graphics settings in Minecraft. Players can customize the shaders to create whatever effects they would like.
The GLSL Shaders Mod needs a powerfull Graphic card required for rendering processes of texture and lighting effects when you have the Shaders enabled, and a lot of FPS will be used by this mod. But the bad point is that this mod will make you a large amount of lag, especially for the players with computers that are not so powerful. It is recommended to install GLSL Shaders Mod with Minecraft Forge.
GLSL Shaders Mod for Minecraft 1.8 and 1.7.10 Changelogs
- Fixed crash while rendering compass in item frame.
- Fixed compatibility with AMD Catalyst 14.9.
- Fixed strange lines appear on some block types with SEUS-v10.1.
- Support connected resource (texture) packs
- Support multiple composite programs (compostire1, composite2, composite3)
- Shader packs such Sonic Ether’s Unbelievable Shaders, CUDA Shaders, Waving Plants Shaders, RudoPlays Shaders, Chocapic13 Shaders, Bump Shadow waving are supported
- Minecraft Forge and Optifine compatibility
- Easy installation without any hassle
- New variables sent from java code to shaders
- Shaders can select draw buffers to write to
- More depth buffers and shadow depth buffers
- This mod requires recent and fast graphic card with NVIDIA or AMD GPU.
- Intel HD Graphics drivers *.3412 to *.3621 do not work and will crash.
- Intel HD Graphics driver 22.214.171.124.3945+ can run without crash but it is still slow.
- Graphics effects do not come out of nowhere. They require computing power of both CPU and GPU.
- Some shaderpacks render around 10 times slower than vanilla Minecraft.
- You can expect low frame rate if your computer cannot get more than 200 FPS from vanilla Minecraft.
How to install Shaders Mod?
- Just download the Shaders Mod installer and open it.
- Open the Minecraft Launcher and select the 1.8-ShadersMod profile!
- There should be “Shaders…” button in the Options screen.
Forge version (recommended)
- Download & install the Forge.
- Copy ShadersMod-v2.4.11mc1.8.jar to .minecraft/mods folder or mods/1.8 subfolder.
List of the best shaders:
Download Links for GLSL Shaders Mod
for Minecraft 1.8.7
- Waiting for Mod Coder Pack or Forge …
for Minecraft 1.8.2, 1.8.3, 1.8.4 and 1.8.6
for Minecraft 1.8
- ShadersMod-v2.4.12mc1.8.jar – update 30/06/2015
- Fixed entity shadows not rendered when used with Forge
- Fixed compatibility with Forge 126.96.36.1993
- Fixed compatibility with OptiFine connected textures.
- Fixed shadow framebuffer error on OSX.
- Minecraft 1.8 is required! It must be installed before you install this mod.
for Minecraft 1.7.10 – Forge Edition
Credit: karyonix – Original Thread on MinecraftForum