Minecraft’s random map generation algorithms have been known to produce some cool and unique worlds that just don’t look like they could have been made by the game. However, the majority of maps you get when creating new worlds tend to look the same. The same biomes are settled up against each other, rivers are the same width, lakes and ponds are the same size, and so on. That’s why it’s so much fun to try out user-made content like the Eldaria Islands map. Eldaria Islands Map V3.1 is a custom terrain map of 3400 blocks by 3100 blocks with a lot of diferent biomes. For fans of island survival, there are few maps which would make a more challenging and entertaining place to live.
A few of them :
– Unique montain biome
– River and waterfalls
– 256 blocks high montains
– Skyrim inspired biomes
– Unique desert biomes
– God trees biomes
The islands are actually far from any other signs of civilization. In all, the map measures 3400 blocks by 3100 blocks, so it would be possible to sail around the perimeter of it in just a few minutes. Walking and swimming will take much longer, but they also present the only way to see all of the sights the Eldaris Island map has to offer. There are working volcanoes, realistic waterfalls, mountains which reach the height limit of the world and a special biome dedicated to the popular Elder Scrolls title, Skyrim. Dungeons, strongholds, horses and more can all be found on the islands – or under them.
Fun facts :
– Eldaria is the project with the most favourite on all PlanetMinecraft
– The map has been featured 3 times in the Minecraft monday show ( 1 for eldaria itself, 1 for reichi island and 1 for tropica islands )
– Most of the people get lost on it
– The map contain 2 687 700 000 blocks in total
– The sea near the island is 8000 blocks large is some places
Eldaria Islands Map for Minecraft 1.8.7 Changelogs
- Support Minecarft 1.6 with horses, nametags, horses armour, etc.
- Added a teleporter in the nether to reach the normla nether.
- Corrected some minors things.
- Added a new island called Skylia which contains many new features such as waterfalls and many custom biomes.
- Added a volcanic island with many custom biomes.
- Improved previous islands, adding new biomes and editing landscapes.
- Expanded Eldaria Island significantly.
- Biomes have been corrected appropriately.
- Added an amazing Desert temple
- Added a new jungle temple using the features from 1.3 +
- The nether is now easier to navigate
- Corrected small bugs
Download Links for Eldaria Islands Map
for Minecraft 1.8.X
Credit: Aurelien_Sama – Original Thread on Planet Minecraft